Cecilia Chung: Why she kicks ass
- She is an Internationally recognized civil rights leader, advocating for HIV/AIDS awareness and care, LGBT equality, social justice and human rights.
- She is currently a Health Commissioner in San Francisco where she is the first trans woman appointed to the position by Mayor Ed Lee. Cecilia was also the first trans woman and first person living openly with HIV elected Chair to the San Francisco Human Rights Commission where she has served for over seven years.
- She has broken ground in a number of ways including: being the first transgender woman and first Asian to be elected to lead the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Celebration; the first transgender woman and first person living openly with HIV to Chair the San Francisco Human Rights Commission; and, an architect of the nation’s most ambitious publicly funded program addressing economic justice within the transgender community.
- In 1994 she was a member of the Transgender Discrimination Taskforce, which released a groundbreaking report by the San Francisco Human Rights Commission, documenting widespread discrimination against trans people. The report led the City to adopt many pioneering anti-discrimination ordinances and policies.
- She is the former Deputy Director of the Transgender Law Center, has also served on a number of planning bodies, including the San Francisco HIV Health Services Planning Council, and was a trainer of Community Planning for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- In 2001, she was elected President of the Board of Directors of San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Celebration, becoming the first Asian and first transgender women to hold the position, and she lead the Board to a new standard of inclusion and excellence.
- In 2004, as a founding producer of Trans March, she helped organize one of the world’s largest annual trans events.
LET ME JUST SAY
IF YOU DON’T ALREADY THINK THIS WOMAN IS AN AMAZONIAN PRINCESS
YOU ARE DOING IT TOO WRONG FOR WORDS.
PSA: by Nature’s Remedy.Reblog to spread the word and save Animals:)
Princess to Prince Transformation
All characters portrayed by Richard Schaefer (Me)
Costumes also made by myself. My Fan-page
This is amazing! Richard Schaefer YOU are amazing!
A woman, identified as Cub Scout troop leader Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, confronts one of two suspects who moments before viciously beheaded a British soldier on a street in London in what government officials called a “terror-related” incident. The attackers had claimed responsibility for the murder, saying on camera “The only reason we have done this is because Muslims are dying every day. This British soldier is an eye for an eye a tooth for tooth.” Loyau-Kennett, who wasn’t hurt, is also captured on video telling one of the men “Right now it is only you versus many people. You are going to lose. What would you like to do?” Both suspects were later
killedshot and wounded by police. (Photo: @sibiillamlaw / Twitter via The New York Daily News)
God damn it.
You go girl!
I made a series of Calming Bunnies (based off of the Calming Manatee meme) for my friend Gab, who isn’t a huge fan of manatees!
We can always use more bunnies, I think.
A Bunch of Dads Singing Little Mermaid Because Having Daughters Made Them Memorize It
Says Patrick Quinn, co-creator of this video of dads (and some uncles) belting out “Part of Your World” because they all know the words so why not:
Once you have a daughter, no matter how tough, thuggish, or introverted you might be, you’re going to play princess with reckless abandon in front of others knowing that if anyone sees you they’re going to understand. Especially if that someone is another dad.
PSA:by Pacific Wildlife Care.I found out young that there was no way I could save baby rabbits:( .Reblog to save Baby squirrels,fox,raccons and other Orphans:)
The Accused, 1988 (dir. Jonathan Kaplan)
Painful proof that we have progressed so little in 25 years.
|—||Daniell Koepke (via babecrew)|
I refuse to blur this mans name, because this is beautiful